Williams Community Forest Project is looking for a part time contractor to monitor Williams creek watershed forest activities.
- Natural resource background for example; botanist, biologist, ecologist with experience in applied life sciences such as forestry, botany, biology, and ecology.
- Familiarity with or desire to learn fundamentals of Pacific Northwest Southern Oregon ecosystems.
- Proficient in basic computer applications such as email, word processing, spreadsheets and internet research.
- Social media skills such as texting, instagram, phone, and Zoom.
- Good Communication, organization and planning skills.
- Physically able to work in rugged outdoor conditions.
- Familiarity with citizen science projects desirable.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license and legal access to a properly registered and insured vehicle.
- Experience with mapping skills relevant to the job requirements.
Implement a Forest Watch Program (FWP) under the auspices of the Williams Community Forest Project.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of the Williams watershed including forests, wildlife, streams, roads and ecosystems.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of locally relevant aspects of the Oregon Forest Practice Act, Federal Resource Management plans and other regulatory rules and agencies eg: EPA, Clean Water Act, DEQ, ODA, Fish and Wildlife, endangered species, etc.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of forest activities and conditions in the Williams Creek Watershed through information collected from US Forest Service, BLM, FERNS, outreach and on-the-ground evidence from the forest.
- Develop and implement a plan of action for forest monitoring based on acquired knowledge of forest activities utilizing established best methods.
- Recruit, create, implement and maintain a training program of volunteers and interns for FWP.
- Communicate and interact with Williams and other communities in the surrounding watersheds regarding forest activities and the plan of action via appropriate media sources.
- Maintain a data collection system.
- Communicate forest activities as directed by the WCFP Board of Directors and collaborate with Board on an action plan.
- Support the preparation of grants for funding of the program.
Interested parties please send summary of experience and education relevant to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.